What is Email Marketing??
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
Email marketing has become an essential tool for business ever since the introduction of the Internet to the world, however some campaigns that make it through to our inboxes are absolute rubbish that we don’t take any notice of. This article seeks to explain what email marketing really is, why companies should use it and how they should go about doing so.
Moreover, email marketing is pretty simple; you plan your strategy, choose your email marketing tool that integrates with your CRM, build your list, prepare your campaign, send your emails, track and measure your performance.
Making offers in emails is not only for ecommerce business. Regardless of what business you run, you should know how to spark the urge of people to get something they want. It can be giving them discount coupon, freebies, or general promotion. Example is Uber’s emails to its subscribers where they let them know about current deals and promotions.
Advantages of email marketing
The benefits of email marketing include:
- Email marketing is cost-effective.
- You can reach more mobile customers with email marketing.
- You can also automate the email marketing process.
- Email marketing makes it easy to personalize content for better response rates.
- You can make your email marketing interactive.
- Moreover, you can quickly and easily measure your email marketing efforts.
- More effective than social media (for customer acquisition).
If we can do it, you can! Start with us a few simple steps and find out why email marketing is important in your small business internet marketing strategy.